Fine art pet portraits are painted on top quality artist gessoboard using archival lightfast acylic paints. Your portrait will be created over many hours using layers of paint, washes and glazes and fine brush strokes to enhance the depth of the subject. Generally the background will be plain unless requested. An additional charge up to £30 will be added depending on the complexity of the required background/portrait size.
Supplied with Certificate of Authenticity and un-mounted so allowing you to choose your own frame. Contact me if you would like a price for mounting and framing.
Fine Art on Gessoboard Prices:
8" x 8" £255.00 (1 pet only)
12" x 16" £350.00/1 pet or £400/2 pets
Wood Slices & Snowflakes!
Fine art on gessoboard 8x8"
Other pet portrait options (subject to stock availability):
Wood Slice, Lasercut Ply Shape or Ceramic Disc available at £35-£40 each. Approx item size 7 - 10cm. Single pet subject, head only. A much smaller artwork but still lots of detail and character!
Pet commissions on Whisky Barrel Lids and Staves. Lots of detail and character painted on a piece steeped in local history! Take a look at some examples on the Gifts, Barrel Art & Xmas page. Please contact me for a price.e.
Please note: A clear reference photograph is required for all options.
Photographic Requirements for Fine Art Pet Portraits:
1. Photographic references must preferably be high resolution images. Clear, excellent quality, detailed, showing exact pet colour.
2. Photos should be taken in daylight (not indoor artificial light) to show realistic pet colouring.
3. Please do not take your pets photo too close as this distorts the pets features.
4. Please try to be at the same level as your pet for your photo.
5. The better the reference photograph, the more accurate the detail reproduced. It may not always be possible to obtain sharp photographs for a memorial commission but we can discuss the very best options to produce a special memory of your treasured pet.
Deposit - 50% non-refundable deposit required at point of booking or at commencement date. Balance due on completion.
Delivery - Portraits sent Royal Mail Special Delivery or Courier.
Please contact me for international courier postage cost.
Timescale - Will depend on workload but in the region of 2-3 months but if you have a deadline i will do my utmost to meet it and this can be discussed at time of booking.